Sales & Business Development Director, Japan
We’re changing how machines move through unstructured environments – whether on the factory floor or busy urban streets. Built on next-generation computer processing and state-of-the-art software algorithms, our collision-free motion planning solutions make it possible for robots, autonomous vehicles and other machines to instantly react to their environments and compute how and where to move as their situation is changing.
The Company is based in downtown Boston’s innovation district and is poised for rapid growth and market expansion. The Company’s investors include Scrum Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, Mitsubishi Electric, Hyundai and SPARX Group.
Realtime Robotics is recruiting a proven and experienced sales and business development professional to lead its growth in Japan, a large and strategically significant market for the company. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Sales & Business Development Director will be responsible for scaling and managing Reatime’s business in the Japanese market to meet growth goals. This will include direct and indirect sales channels, strategy development, sales forecasting, pipeline management, sales program and, channel recruitment and management.
- Create and nurture partnerships with industrial robotics companies, major customers, and system integrators
- Build upon existing reseller partners to enhance sales and total partnership potential through sales best practices, training and support
- Manage the balance between advocating for your reseller partners internally while also holding them accountable for their sales and business development commitments
- Deliver key business results while pioneering a new technology and approach to industrial robotics in emerging and new market segments such as logistics, agriculture, and construction
- Present sales and business development strategy, pipeline, and results to the sales and senior management teams
- Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast using the SalesForce automation tool
- Represent Realtime Robotics at conferences, trade shows, and industry events
- Build strong relationships with senior executives at potential clients, including systems integrators, robotics manufacturers, manufacturing end-users and manufacturers of autonomous vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have many of the following key skills and qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in robotics or factory automation, selling into large, complex, enterprise accounts, systems integrators, and automation OEMs
- Deep knowledge of the robotics industry and the ecosystem of potential buyers of robotic systems, past, present, and future in Japan
- Strong understanding of the role of systems integrators as “amplifier resources” for sales and marketing to tap
- Ability to understand enterprise level businesses and be able to communicate effectively with senior leadership teams
- Proven experience in an early stage, rapidly scaling organization in the robotics or factory automation industry
- Experience of representing a US based technology provider in Japan
- Experience driving sales processes and working closely with support teams to call on senior level executives in potential client organizations
- Experience with CRM systems for strategic enterprise account management
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Computer Science. MS or MBA preferred
- Languages: Native Japanese and strong English communication skills
If you are absolutely passionate about what we do, then send your cover letter, resume and job title to firstname.lastname@example.org.