Robot Interface Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Robotics Engineering, the Robot Interface Engineer will be responsible for developing and refining interfaces with various robot manufacturers. This will include direct and indirect communications with industrial robot manufacturers and technical experts.
- Develop software that communicates with different industrial robots and their many interfaces
- Showcase Realtime’s technology in value-add industrial robots and cobots via demo tasks that validate how to get dynamic collision-free paths for various robot manufacturers in real-time over a network interface
- Collaborate on strategic presentations, application development, troubleshooting and remote/on-site support
- Assist customers in using RTRs technology to solve their automation challenges.
The ideal candidate will have many of the following key skills and qualifications:
- Socket programming
- Experience working on software that interfaces with peripheral systems (robot-specific experience a plus!)
- Experience working with documented communication protocols (such as, Modbus, Profinet)
- Strong software engineering habits
- Experience with software engineering tools (e.g., Git)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS / MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
If you are absolutely passionate about what we do, then send your cover letter, resume and job title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re changing how machines move through unstructured environments – whether on the factory floor or busy urban streets. Built on next-generation computer processing and state-of-the-art software algorithms, our collision-free motion planning solutions make it possible for robots, autonomous vehicles and other machines to instantly react to their environments and compute how and where to move as their situation is changing.
The Company is based in downtown Boston’s innovation district and is poised for rapid growth and market expansion. The Company’s investors include Scrum Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, Mitsubishi Electric, Hyundai and SPARX Group.